How well do I fit the atheist stereotype?
Atheist Revolution just put up a list of the common stereotypes of atheists. It’s not a bad list, but looking at it, I realize that I am myself quite the little stereotype. Here are the qualities I possess:
- I am politically very liberal.
- I guess I do hate Christianity, although I will admit that I don’t hate Christians.
- I can be grump, but on me, it’s charming.
- I am prideful, and humility is not my strength.
- I am sexually promiscuous, at least when I’m single and on the prowl.
- I am more interested in science than the average person.
Luckily, here are some qualities that I lack:
- I’m not evil, as far as I know.
- I’m not militant, since I hate all militant organizations.
- I’m not angry. I mentioned grumpy, but the cute kind.
- I’m not mean or stingy, or generally horrible, unless I’m drinking.
- I’m not immoral, nor do I lack hope.
- And lastly, I don’t trample people’s right of free religious expression, even though it’s always very tempting to do so.
Well, I guess I’m only partially a stereotype, so I don’t feel too bad. What about you guys? How do you rank?